Beginning September 28, LISC will have a small business relief grant open to rural areas nationwide – or communities with fewer than 50,000 people. Our local LISC office primarily focuses on Indianapolis so our statewide economic development/small business partnerships are limited. We know many of you have LEDO, SBDC and other contacts that touch small businesses in rural areas in Indiana. If you feel this opportunity is relevant, I’d encourage you to share in advance of the 9/28 open date for the application. You can view a map of eligible areas on this site if you are unsure of the size of a particular city or town.
A few notes on the application
- Open to for-profit organizations only
- Applications can be submitted generally in 15-25 minutes and do not require document uploads
- Minority, women and veteran-owned businesses are prioritized. Immigrant owned businesses are eligible if they have an ITIN.
- This is a competitive process
- Applications will be open until 10/5/2020
- Grants will range from $5000 to $20,000
- Business that have sustained losses, layoffs, etc. during COVID will be prioritized