Oakland City University is seeking a dynamic Adult and Professional Studies Support Specialist for its Downtown Evansville Learning Center. The Support Specialist assists students enrolled at the site reach their goals and maximize their academic career at OCU by serving as a their advocate and main point of contact for academic and support services. The Support Specialist also oversees the site’s daily operations (including instructional support during evening classes), supports instructors with general administrative tasks, and collaborates with the site’s admissions counselor on recruitment efforts.
As part of the OCU’s non-traditional programs staff, the Evansville Support Specialist joins a team dedicated to promoting a learning environment that engages students towards reaching their academic goals.
We encourage applications from candidates that will honor our university’s commitment to promoting access to education for non-traditional students, academic excellence, spiritual formation, and equity.
- Associate degree required; bachelor’s preferred
- Experience in business/office management
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with students, staff, and instructors; good teamwork skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking, planning, organization, and time-management skills; ability to work on detailed tasks with a high level of autonomy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with information technology or computer systems preferred
- Ability to work evenings and maintain a flexible schedule
- Oversee customer service tasks at the Evansville Learning Center (answer phone and email correspondence, provide program and site information to walk-ins, etc.) and support recruitment efforts in collaboration with the site admissions/enrollment counselor.
- Support instructional delivery at the site in collaboration with faculty, staff, and relevant administrators.
- Support student success by facilitating key academic processes such as advising and course registrations, monitoring enrollment and connecting students to support staff and services on main campus.
- Support instructors with general administrative tasks and notify relevant administrators about issues with faculty and course delivery.
- Assist with the development of course rotations and/or schedules to meet the needs of students at the site in collaboration with administrators and other relevant staff.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, and administrators to improve administrative, instructional, and recruitment processes.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three references electronically to email@example.com. Resume and supporting materials can also be submitted by mail to Oakland City University C/O Human Resources 138 N. Lucretia Street Oakland City, IN 47660.
Deadline to apply: 11/01/2020
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be held in confidence.
Oakland City University is a Christian university which offers high quality, career-focused degree programs in a Christ-centered, campus secure environment. Our Christ-centered values and relationships create a supportive environment which encourages students to live a life of Christian service in their chosen careers. Our talented faculty equip our students with the knowledge and expertise they need to lead healthy, productive lives and successful, fulfilling careers. Founded by the General Association of General Baptists in 1885, U.S. News and World Report has recognized Oakland City University as one of the top universities in the Midwest and #2 in the Midwest for Social Mobility.
Oakland City University is committed to the achievement of equal opportunity within OCU. In this regard, OCU will recruit, hire, promote, educate, and provide services to persons based upon their individual qualifications. OCU prohibits discrimination based on arbitrary considerations of characteristics such as age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, or veteran status.