Federal funding through the CARES Act has enabled the temporary expansion of Next Level Jobs as part of the Rapid Recovery for a Better Future initiative. Employers can qualify for individual training programs up to $100,000 per employer. The Rapid Recovery Expansion program will expire December 30, 2020.
HELPING EMPLOYERS TRAIN HOOSIERS FOR NEXT LEVEL JOBS
More than one million jobs must be filled in Indiana over the next 10 years. To help Hoosier employers fill these jobs, Indiana has created the Employer Training Grant, which reimburses employers who train, hire, and retain new or incumbent workers to fill in-demand positions within recognized job fields. The Employer Training Grant is available to help fill in-demand positions within six priority sectors. The grant will reimburse employers up to $5,000 per employee trained, up to $100,000 per employer.
PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
• Employers may qualify for reimbursement of up to $5,000 per employee trained, up to $100,000 per employer.
• Employers must submit an application, satisfy eligibility requirements and receive and sign a formal agreement obligating grant funding.
• Employers must offer training in one of the following industry sectors:
• Advanced Manufacturing
• IT & Business Services
• Building & Construction
• Health & Life Sciences
• Transportation & Logistics
For training to be eligible for reimbursement, the training must:
• Be occupational skills training that ties to an in-demand occupation (onboarding training and informal job shadowing does not qualify).
• Be at least 40 hours in length (minimum) resulting in a certificate or credential upon completion.
• Wage gain at the completion of training
Contact our Business Services & Communication Specialists for more information.