The Indiana Legislature reconvened for the 2019 regular Legislative Session, which must end by midnight on April 29. A few hundred bills have been filed with several hundred more to come before the deadline for filing Friday, January 11.
Other than meeting in Session long enough to move these bills across the desk to get them into Committees for hearing, not much else happened. Legislators will be spending the rest of their time getting to know their new colleagues and doing their own bit of lobbying to try to ensure their bills are among the minority that ultimately pass the gauntlet of getting to final passage.
Bring your concerns to the table:
Register now for SWIN Chamber Day at the Statehouse – March 12
- Monday, January 21st: Statehouse closed due to Martin Luther King Day holiday
- Tuesday, February 26th: Deadline for bills to pass the house of introduction/origin and move to the other house for consideration
- Tuesday, March 12th: SWIN Chamber Day at the Statehouse and IN Chamber of Commerce Chamber Day Dinner
- Friday, April 26th: Anticipated last day of the Legislative Session
- Monday, April 29th: Legislature must pass a budget and complete all of their work by midnight