VISION: To make our region a globally competitive place to work, live and grow a business.
VALUES: Leadership, diversity, sustainability, and community engagement.
STRATEGIC GOALS & KEY OBJECTIVES
Advocacy & Public Policy
Be the voice on local, state and national issues that positively or adversely affect our members and the region.
- Positively impact regional, state and federal issues relevant to the business community
- Work to improve multi-modal regional transportation infrastructure to foster business growth
- Engage pro-business candidates and connect with current government officials
- Effectively communicate our public policy efforts to increase grass roots participation
Community Development/Quality of Place/Livability
Ensure our region is a pre-eminent place to live and thrive.
- Encourage investment in Downtown Evansville and Posey County cities
- Host select events in Downtown Evansville
- Participate as a core partner organization in the branding of Evansville and the region
- Engage in efforts to benchmark off of striving regions for comparison
- Engage in efforts to build an active living environment within the region
Workforce & Talent Development
Foster alignment of workforce development initiatives to support regional economic growth.
- Foster a workforce ecosystem that builds stronger communication and collaboration within the workforce development arena (in the region)
- Work closely with business, education and industry leaders to address gaps in service/needs
- Facilitate connections with education, employers and others in the workforce ecosystem to increase career readiness
- Support strategies to reach the state’s goal of 60% of Hoosiers achieving post-secondary credentials that meet regional workforce needs
Small Business & Entrepreneurship
Enhance small business and entrepreneurship vitality in the region.
- Deliver engaging programming within chamber alliances
- Provide impactful small business counseling and coaching through the ISBDC
- Enable network creation for people to connect and build business
- Provide education and programming relevant to small business issues
Member Engagement & Operational Excellence
Improve sustainability via increased membership and engagement.
- Deepen volunteer and member engagement
- Grow new membership while maintaining strong retention levels
- Pro-actively manage our financial and human operations
- Provide relevant benefits to member businesses
- Foster member-business growth by executing premier networking and professional development events
Present a uniformly branded message that promotes and supports commerce.
- Expand on Chamber brand as a leading and progressive business and community organization
- Utilize leading edge technologies to communicate our message
- Execute a comprehensive marketing and communications plan
- Increase proactive communication with and between members