We’re Southwest Indiana’s biggest cheerleader and we know there’s no better place to live, work, or grow a business.
The reasons for relocating and expanding in Southwest Indiana are simple:
- Economic location: low-cost access to major markets
- Market access: water, rail, highway, and air access to major Midwest and Southeast markets (Chicago, St. Louis, Cincinnati, Columbus, Louisville, Owensboro, Nashville, Birmingham)
- Transportation cost: low costs for intermodal transportation, including highway, rail, air, and river ports
- Gas and electric power: competitively priced
- Abundance of water for manufacturing processes
- Workforce: highly educated and skilled
- With a population of 349,195 (estimated in 2007) the region is part of the Evansville, Indiana/Henderson, Kentucky Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA). It is the 133rd largest MSA in the U.S. and is in the Central time zone (GMT – 05:00).
- Southwest Indiana is considered a microcosm of national population demographics. The region is often selected to serve as a national test market for product research.
Unlike some traditional chambers of commerce, the Southwest Indiana Chamber is not directly involved in economic development.
For relocation and expansion in Gibson, Posey, Vanderburgh, and Warrick counties in Indiana, contact the Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana at 812-423-2020 800-401-2080.
For services specific to Vanderburgh County and Greater Evansville, contact the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville at 812-401-4243.
For services specific to Posey County, including the City of Mt. Vernon, Town of New Harmony, Town of Poseyville, contact the Posey County Economic Development Partnership at 812-838-6500.
For services in specific to Gibson County, including City of Princeton, Oakland City, Town of Fort Branch, contact the Gibson County Economic Development Corporation at 812-386-1320.
For service specific to Warrick County, including the Town of Newburgh, City of Boonville, Town of Chandler, contact Success Warrick County at 812-858-3555.